If you are a user of Microsoft Office, you know that it can be difficult to get up to speed and stay on top of your game. The UsingOffice.com website was developed to help you do just that—get up to speed and stay on top. Here you’ll find online courses you can use to learn new skills and expand what you already know.
We currently offer the following courses. (You can click a link for any course you want to explore.)
- Beginning Excel Macros Master Class. Discover how macros can change how you use Excel, make you more productive, and establish you as the “office guru.” This course teaches you everything you need to know to create and use your own macros. (If you know nothing about Excel macros, this is the course for you.) Click here for more information.
- Advanced Excel Macros Master Class. If you already know a good deal about macros (or if you have already completed the above course), then you can expand your knowledge with this course. It builds upon your present skills and shows you how to accomplished more advanced macro techniques. Click here for more information.
- Excel PivotTables for the Faint of Heart. For some folks, the PivotTable remains the most esoteric of Excel’s analysis tools. PivotTables don’t need to be so scary, and they certainly don’t need to be relegated to the realm of the esoteric. This course shows you how you can start using the PivotTable tool right away to spin your data into gold, analyzing it in ways you never knew were possible. Click here for more information.
- Using Dates and Times. You can store many types of information in an Excel worksheet. Unique among all the things you can store are dates and times. When you understand how Excel works with both dates and times (along with the many specialized worksheet functions it provides), you can better understand how to effectively use them. This course explains all the ins and outs of working with both dates and times, taking your understanding to the next level. Course is currently open —> Click here for more information.
- Beginning Word Macros Master Class. Creating and using macros in the Word environment can enhance how you use the program. They can make your work more consistent and make yourself more productive. This course teaches you everything you need to know to create and use your own macros. (If you know nothing about Word macros, this is the course for you.) Click here for more information.
- Mastering Styles and Templates. There are two parts to creating a Word document: creating the content and applying the formatting to that content. If you understand how to use styles, you can make the second part of this equation easy, painless, and (best of all) consistent. This course provides you with the knowledge you need to effectively create and use both styles and templates. Click here for more information.
Both Excel and Word
- Creating VBA UserForms. When you create macros using Excel or Word, the traditional way to get input from users and share information with users is through the use of input boxes and message boxes. This course takes you to the next level, showing you how to create and use UserForms within your own macros. The course is divided into six easy lessons, each guiding you step-by-step through the learning and application process. Click here for more information.
All of these courses have been developed by Allen Wyatt, who has been using Office products since before Microsoft Office existed as a suite. He is publisher of the WordTips and ExcelTips newsletters for well over two decades. His courses bring his vast experience to you in an accessible, understandable way.